A VIEW OF MY RECENT LAYOUTS

Thursday, October 23, 2008

This weeks layouts, coupons and Primas!

This week the children are home for Fall break. Brian also took the week off, needless to say, it has been a busy hectic week.

I am also beginning to think that I have been spending WAY too much time searching blogs to find the best deals and the best coupons. The time that I used to spend on scrapbook research has now been turned into coupon research! I must admit, it has saved me so much money and it is cute to hear the children ask "Mom do you have a coupon for "insert any random item here :)" so that they can get what ever it is. I have also hooked some of my fellow design team members on couponing. Couponing - is that even a word? It is fun to share your deal of the day with your friends.

I also got my order of Prima flowers in from Michelle's Scrapbooking this week!!!!! Okay so my love of Prima's border on obsession! Here is just some of my "back stock". I literally have shelves of flowers, I just can't stop using them on my layouts. I just love the way they bring life to even the simplest of piecings. I also find myself using them on boys layouts - why not? :)





Yes, that is 17 sleeves of Prima Sprites. My favorite all time color has to be the green. YIKES and I only got 2 in this order. Looks like I will be making another order shortly "OH Michelle!"

This week I had the best time making this fun piecing. I think I will be offering just the jeep and animal piecing next week. Maybe I will change it up and offer a choice of animals who occupy the jeep.



Another one of my layouts this week is my Pumpkin Halloween House. I know, I tend to make way to many houses during the Halloween and Christmas season, but I truly enjoy doing them. An average house can take up to 4 hours to piece. Many times I will leave the rest of layout a little simpler so the house - and of course the photo's - can shine.

I really had fun making the igloo in my "Baby it's Cold Outside" layout. I had hand drawn the igloo, cut out two pieces and used one for the ice bricks. I then chalked each brick before gluing it to the original cut out piece. I ran a line of Snow Writer down the cracks and filled it with Glamour Dust! We were expecting snow this week so I figured I would get a head start on Winter.



Well I hear the buzzer on my dinner going off. Please feel free to leave comments or suggestions for future layouts!

No comments: